Celebrating 2500 members. Gale.in is upgrading its user experience by switching its website from Shared hosting of Dreamhost (which was at $120 per year) to 2GB RAM Virtual Private Server (VPS) of Dreamhost at a cost of $360 per year.
Thank you very much for being a part of the Journey. It has been 7 months since the inception of this stock blog. I am so happy that people have made good returns and more importantly they were able to gain confidence in the stock market even when the market was making new highs.
I wish to share a small stats on how the website is growing in Traffic and Members; Monthly Expenses and Monthly Revenue.
Website was started in September 2016 at 30 sessions a week and has grow stronget to 7200 sessions a week. Traffic initially was through Quora and later Organic traffic too improved.
Both Followers in Quora and Website were growing at a healthy phase of 200 members/followers per month. We have recently in April 2017, have decided to increase members at the rate of 200 per week. We are gaining members from Facebook ad campaign. We have allotted a capital of Rs. 3000 per month to gain over a thousand new members every months.
Expenses running a website:
Operating a website or running a blog has expenses involved. It depends on individual to individual to manage the website, make calculated expenses and earn good revenue from it.
- Very basic requires of the website are Domain Name and Hosting. Domain Names are available at $10 a year (Rs. 650 a year). Good shared hosting (viz Bluehost or Hostgator) is available from $3.50 a month (Rs. 250 a month or Rs. 3000 a year). One can get steep discounts on yearly plans and new users get a free domain name in the first year.We had started with Shared hosting from Dreamhost at $10 a month (Rs. 650 a month), now after touching 2500 members, we have decided to upgrade the website hosting to a Virtual Private Server of 2GB RAM from dreamhost at $30 a month (~Rs. 2000 a month).
- Website Framework, security, speed, ease of use, readability, etc are very essential for a website or a blog. Using free templates and free themes can prove to be dangerous. Purchase of premium themes and good templates can cost $40 to $100 (one time cost). Gale India, runs on a genesis framework by Studiopress costing us one time fee of $99 (~Rs. 6500 one time).
- Growing member list (list building) is very essential part in the journey of blogging. Up to 12,000 Emails per month are free in MailChimp, above the limit it will cost Rs. 1 per member a month. (Rs. 1000 for 1000 members).Currently at 2500 members we are paying (~Rs. 2500 a month).
- Either of Websites like Buffer and Hootsuite can used for social media campaign. They offer good automation and scheduling post in their basic plan starting from $9 a month (Rs. 600 a month). Social media is also a factor to be considered to draw free organic traffic indirectly and also direct social media traffic.
- Further upon setting a good revenue stream in the website, one can always spend on increasing paid traffic and increase website members which in turn increases the revenue in the website. Facebook ad campaigns can be used to gain Fanpage likes, post likes, shares, website traffic and list building. Google adwords, Bing, etc can be used to acquire paid traffic. Currently we have allocated Rs. 3,000 a month for Facebook Ad Campaign, We are also to make new provision of Rs. 3000 a month allotment for paid traffic from Bing from next month. We prefer Bing to Google for a simple reason of cost. Advertising in Bing is really cheaper compared to Google adwords.
So, our Monthly Expenses stand at (as on April 2017)
Website name and hosting (Last month): Rs. 2000 (Rs. 1000)
Email Marketing (Last month): Rs. 2500 (Rs. 1900)
Facebook Ad Campaign (Last month): Rs. 3000 (0)
Social Media Campaign (Last month): Rs. 600 (0)
Internet charges (Last month): Rs. 1000 (Rs. 1000)
Total Expenses (Last month): Rs. 9100 (Rs. 3900)
- Google Adsense (PPC):
Revenue from Google adsense, it all started at Rs. 3 to Rs. 5 a day. Now, we are comfortable at $18 a week. (Rs. 1170-1200 a week). In April we anticipate a monthly revenue of $50 vs $42 last month. Google adsense is our only reliable source of income. We are happy it is growing at 20% MoM. We are anticipating an revenue of over $100 a month in August 2017.
- Amazon India (Affiliate):
In Amazon India associate program, Gale.in has earned Rs. 3,800 in 2017 by recommending some good stock books that i own. Gale.in is comfortable with sub Rs. 1000 for next four months. Any spike above Rs. 1,000 is bonus the website. You can also indirectly help us by shopping any stuff at Amazon India via link amazon.gale.in
- Coffee via Paytm or UPI:
Coffee via Paytm is up to the members. I receive surprise payments via Paytm or UPI any where between Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 every month. Every time I receive some funds, it makes me happy that someone has made good profits. I am also happy to see people request to have option for paid membership. Vision of Gale.in, is to provide free services of stock market recommendation, Boosting retail investor confidence to a level that they hold stock in profits and also educating them to avoid huge losses. So we would like to continue with free service lifetime for all clients and visitors.
To bring in options for paid membership, there needs to be high improvement in content quality provided by including investment calls with strong facts.
- Other Affiliates like Zerodha:
There is no scope for revenue from affiliates like Zerodha, as there is no brokerage cost involved in equity investment. Some day later, if we start providing intraday tips along with F&O trading picks, there may be a small revenue generation.
- Portfolio Management:
Portfolio Management will be our future revenue source. We are on our way to establish a strong and legal portfolio management services company. Currently we are managing few accounts on request and we are sitting on good realised and unrealised profits in those portfolio, which will reflect in our later earning report.
Revenue anticipated in April 2017 (March 2017) :
Google Adsense (Last month): Rs. 3250 (Rs. 2700)
Amazon India (Last Month): Rs. 2000 (Rs. 500)
Coffee via Paytm (Last Month): Rs. 1000 (Rs. 800)
Other Affiliate (Last Month): Rs. 3000 (Rs. 2000)
Portfolio Management : Rs. 0 (Rs. o)
Total Revenue (last month): Rs. 9250 (Rs. 6000)
Update: Actual Revenue in April 2017:
Google Adsense (Last month): Rs. 4211 (Rs. 2700), up 56%
Amazon India (Last Month): Rs.1800 (Rs. 500) up 360%
Coffee via Paytm (Last Month): Rs. 1000 (Rs. 800) up 20%
Other Affiliate (Last Month): Rs. 3000 (Rs. 2000) up 50%
Portfolio Management : Rs. 0 (Rs. o)
Total Revenue (last month): Rs. 10,011 (Rs. 6000) up 66%.
We have a target of Total monthly revenue of Rs. 75,000 to 80,000 in a year.
Thank you again for being part of such a wonderful journey.