Current dip in the market teaches us not to panic if you hold the right stock.
Holding fundamentally good stocks will never let you down, understand the very basics of how a stock market functions and slowly learn how to read financials and the technical charts. Once you are confident, you will not do panic selling or greedy buying.
Some things i do to earn consistent returns:
- I understand the technicals and outlook of the Indian stock market Index, I am currently bullish.
- I choose 5–6 sectors i am bullish on. NBFC, Banking, Housing Finance, Paints, Tyres, Consumer Durables, Oil marketing, Infrastructure.
- Now i go through the Financial charts of the stocks.
- Now study short term charts of the stocks within the sector and find cheaper stocks for short term (1 to 3 months.) If the Fundamental are really good, I will hold the stock for a year at least.
- Stocks that i have bought in the last quarter are LIC housing Finance, Repco Home, Berger Paints, Akzo Nobel (Profit booked and added weightage to Berger), Shriram Transport, Chola Mandalam, Bajaj Finance (Profit booked and added weightage to Chola), GIC Housing, DHFL (Profit booked and purchased LIC housing), MRPL, BPCL, Siemens, ABB, Balkrishna Industries (Long term Hold), Ceat, Hitachi, South Indian Bank, Lakshmi Vilas Bank (Profit booked), Karnataka bank (Profit booked), Andhra Bank (Profit Booked) etc. (Example of my stock investment in the last quarter.)
- I keep reading books; to be honest after reading books, i have become little conservative in entering stocks at my will. Now i go through complete Technicals and Fundamentals. I used to blindly book partial profits and profits. Now i strictly follow technicals to book profits.
A journey towards being a Professional Portfolio Manager.
All the best with your investments.
Please share to spread love in the air.
I am Vinoth Kanna, Admin, Gale.in. I am into investing and trading for last 7 years. I love sharing my knowledge and to educate people. I write articles regarding stock market to enlighten people about stock market and also share stock ideas at Gale.in to ensure retail investors of decent profits. You can contact me at email@example.com for stock queries. Have a wonderful time at Gale.in.